View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baskets View Post
We need to be part of the team with our doctors, teaching them about what we have learned from others and the internet so that they better understand our diseases.
I tried sharing some information I'd gotten off the internet with my pcp, and he VERY rudely started making typing gestures over his head, and saying how "nothing on the net can be taken seriously". I then tried to explain that these were results from proven experts, and he kept trying to dismiss it.

I know many things on the net are to be taken with a grain of salt, but i also know that much knowledge can be gained here.
I took his assumption that i couldn't sort through the chaff as an insult and rudely walked out and fired his ****...forever.

And yes, i have been told "it's all in your head". Fell at work one day, hitting the middle of my back. Woke up the next day with my legs numb. The company doctor checked my reflexes, and since they were good he said "it's all in your head. Then maybe `10yrs later i was diagnosed with ppms.

Last edited by Spryor; 12-01-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add to.
Spryor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote