View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown yep loosin nails..

Hi there Rivkah

I am not sure if I have any sugestions but I will tell you whats happening with mine... sometimes that can be just as helpful and in just knowing you are not alone in this. I have lost 3 toenails so far.. it's weird because in all 3 cases there was a thin nail growing below it, like it's a mix up in the method the toenails grow.. the new nails a shell thats thickening but it has nasty ridging.. I feel like a crab outgrowing it's shell waiting, for the inner shell to harden.

My first toenail to go was the big one on the left and I think it was affected by a lumbar block... because though all my toes turned rosy red the left big toe stayed a deep darker red hue for a couple months afterwards then got white and finaly pretty much just fell off.

My finger nails are growing fast and the nails are thick still but they have a dryer more flakey quality and they break off weirdly like in layers.. it's hard to explain but instead of ripping across as normal nails do they rip down and in layers and pieces kinda like when you chip a bar of soap. After picking up a box my thum hurts and I look and the nail is white and thick looking along the top of the nail I look at it sideways and I see its like 2-3 times as thick because it's chipped into in layers all along the trimmed nail edge, an I trim it hopeing that none of the chips are deeper than the quick line.

I don't know if I am making any sense here Rivkah but I thought I'd try.. I also have a good friend also with RSD and her injury was to her shoulder and arm, the nails on her hands are realy very thin and they are ridging downwards and cracking along tha ridges into her quick she catches them on things all the time and tears them painfully quite abit.

Sugestions for nail care I am looking forward to as well..
Take care,
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote