View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

An interesting week. Met with my manager and we basically decided that the status quo was acceptable for now. I told her how I compensate for the problems I have - gimpy left hand, worry about slower reactions, tiny handwriting - and she just asks that I keep her posted. Seems reasonable. I really wasn't ready to make any major changes just yet.

Our hiking/book club met last night for a two hour hike over and around our local "mountain", potluck supper and discussion of The Great Gatsby. We decided that the book had been put on the great classics list by mistake! None of us are English majors, but we have a fine time taking books apart.

I'm starting to notice when it's time for the next meds - up until a few months ago, I could miss a dose and hardly notice. Now, it's quite noticeable. I've been thinking about switching from Sinemet CR to regular Sinemet so that I could cut the pill in half and take half a dose twice as frequently. I've often read here that keeping the dopamine level steady was important, has anyone switched their regime like that recently? Do you have to take a full dose in the morning to get started, or does a half one work then too?

What a terrible loss it has been, all the old threads in BT1. I think we need to be careful to answer people's questions more thoroughly than maybe we used to because they can't use "search" and find all the old information anymore.

We finally convinced my dad to have a Lifeline. (Is this an international program?. You wear a little button on a necklace or wristband that you can push if you fall or whatever, the phone rings at HQ, and they contact your responders who go and check on you.) Most people who need one don't want it, but their caregivers breathe a huge sigh of relief when they get it. My mom can go off and do her thing now without worrying so much. We told Dad he couldn't use it to order chocolate cake, and he was quite entertained by the whole introductory process.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote