View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Kim,

I just read your other post. Wow, I didn't realize you were having that much pain. I do remember after my first fusion that I had a "honeymoon" period when nothing hurt. Then at about the 3 month mark or so I had terrible spasms. I went to PT for a short time, had a couple of injections and then they calmed down. Since then I had always had some kind of pain in my upper back but the C5/C6 was bad all along. I am sorry to hear that you are still having pain down your arms. What does your doctor say about it? Oh, and I am in a soft collar. But I don't wear it ALL the time. If I am up and about, I do. When I am resting, I don't. I learned from the first fusion that wearing the soft collar ALL the time wasn't necessarily a good thing to do. Anyway, my instructions say to wear it when I am AMBULATORY. I am supposed to let air get to this incision too and wearing the collar prevents that. Oh, and I had my surgery on the 22nd. Now back to the pain again...the chest pain just feels like acid reflux OR sometimes it feels like I can't take in a deep breath. Then again, I know that the pain meds can act on your breathing too. I don't ever feel like I have had the wind knocked out of me though. And last but not least, I don't know what they did to cause the arm pain that is so bad but when I called my doctor's office they told me they had drilled out some bone spurs on the left. I just tend to think that a lot of pulling and tugging goes on in there and it messes with the ligaments and muscles. I go for my next checkup in 3 weeks so I will let you know if they say any more. Keep me posted too! Kathi
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote