View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I share the same feelings with all of you. Sometimes when I play with my furballs, I start thinking about all the ones still out there and start crying.

Ali, are there animal control centers in the UK? Here in the states if they suspect animal abuse they can get warrants to enter the home if need be, is there anything like that there? While you're trying to find a solution, I would suggest getting a notebook and documenting every time you see or hear them abusing their animals, with the dates, times and details. Maybe even seak a picture or two with a zoom lens if it's possible. If it ever comes to that, those things can be used to prosecute them.

I've also always said my biggest wish is to have the money to buy a place with land so I can help rescue and foster animals.

I wish some of these people could be taken somewhere and treated like they treat their animals and see how they like it.

Gabby, when I read your post I had a wonderful idea.

Have you considered perhaps offering custom stained glass windows of people's pets from photos? You could even sell them on-line.

If you were able to do that, perhaps you could donate a small percentage of each order to an animal rescue in your area.

Check out my avatar. That's my Kvella Deville (aka Rockybeans). Does she or does she not look like the pink panther? She's my pride a joy, a real character. Her mother was a pregnant stray I took in. She had her 5 kittens just a few days later. I know I was sent them by some higher power, because just a few weeks later I had to have my Fuzz put to sleep after 15 years and it got me through. That's when I knew Kvella was the one that I was adopting. When I got home from the vet, I sat down on the sofa and started to cry. Kvella, not even 5 weeks old, stopped played, looked at me, ran over, up my body and started to lick the tears off my cheeks. I knew right there and then.

I worked with a local no-kill rescue group to get them all great homes, I kept Mom and Kvella, and then started fostering for the rescue.

And my Little Big Man showed up starving on my porch just a few weeks after that, and never left.

And yes, every single one of them was spayed/neutered. I am a staunch believer in that. As difficult as the decision would have been, I would have had Deja Vu (the mom) spayed before before she had the kittens (which would have meant aborting them), but she was too far gone.

Thank you all for caring about those who can't care for themselves and keep up the good work!

And Doodlebug, never say never. We need more vets who care the way you do. I have faith you will find a way. The furballs out there, they need you!

One of my favorite musicals is "Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," and there's a line from the first song that goes ...

We all dream a lot
Some of lucky, some are not
But if you think it, want it, dream it,
Then it's real
You are what you feel.

(Don't mind me -- I get weird after midnight LOL)
catwhispers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote