View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
hubby has both rls and plmd. ( periodic limb movement disorder)
our dr gave him an rx for requip. he didn't fill it.

my dad who has pd had horrible horrible experiences with it. it might work for some, but i can't reccomend it.
I was diagnosed with PLMD during my first sleep study. They recommended Mirapex which did nothing for me. Then we tried klonopin which we changed, when on it I felt paralyzed and felt that I was awake all night. That was a scary time for me!

Finally my Doctor gave me Sinement (Carbidopa/Levodopa) and that fixed it. The really odd thing is that it took a while to get used to it. Waking up in the night was a hard thing to do as it seemed I had a screaming siren in the middle of my brain. That's lessened some today, but it seems to be still effective after about 4 years.

The one thing I have noticed is my legs sometimes feel 'itchy' so I'm beginning to think that I'm moving toward RLS that I didn't have before the Sinemet. I wonder if it's common to go from PLMD to RLS/PLMD?

I'm not sure if these treatments would last all night, but I've read individual recommendations of magnesium, hops, niacin with Vitamin C. One man used to say he drank an O'Doul's about an hour before bed for his, another ate Fava Beans. I can't remember the name of that email list, but I think it became or is tied to wemove.org (sp?). I'll have to start trying some of these.
Skip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote