View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you're feeling better. The relaxation is the big key in this as I've discovered myself. Don't get too stressed over the lawyer. I'm sure he's a good guy that is overworked. It's the good ones that get all the work to do.

For me this past week could have been a little better. It started off okay even though I went back to work, but on Thursday I had awful chest pains. I couldn't take a deep breath. Every time I inhaled, my chest hurt so I spent the day sleeping and breathing very shallow. I don't know whether this was the PD or just a bug going around that I picked up. There are so many sick people at work, I've been pretty scared of getting one of the bugs from them.

There is one thing that scares me quite a bit now. I keep falling or nearly fall way too much. This happens mostly in the morning before my first dose has kicked in. My legs are stiff and when I try to stand up from a sitting position or move suddenly, I keel over. I've landed flat on my butt quite unexpectedly in the kitchen a few times while going from one kitchen counter to the other. I turned to put something from the sink on to the opposite counter, and wonk I was on the floor! I also noticed I have difficulties going from carpet to tile floors. This is presents a problem when I am in shopping malls and stores, and at work as well going from the office area to the warehouse, which has a cement floor.

Driving too has become difficult as well particularly in the morning. I have a difficult time pressing the gas pedal and I'm afraid I may not have the reaction time going from gas to brake should there be a stopping emergency on the highway.

On a better note...

The good news is I've been playing the piano a little more again, which is a good thing. This is my soul and I'm glad my new dosage of Sinemet is working. It doesn't help the tremor, which has become worse, but it helps the arms and fingers move, which is a good thing. I attended a Piano World (www.pianoworld.com) party at a local piano repair shop yesterday. It was fun to eat good food (in moderation), enjoy the company of good musicians, and play a brand new Schimmel 230 (7'6") grand piano. This is a truely gourgeous instrument that has a bell like treble and a rumbly bass. Hanas Vogel, the current owner of the Schimmel factory came in from Germany to speak with us about the factory, and as an owner of one of his Vogel 177T(5'10") pianos I was really excited to meet him. The new Schimmel is way too big and way more expensive then I can aford. Otherwise I would trade in my Vogel for the new one.

Vicky - It sounds like you're having a lot o fun. Just becareful around the tools.

Robert - I'm glad you're doing okay. Exercise is good.

John

Last edited by jcitron; 12-02-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Edited a paragraph for clarity and fixed a typo.
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote