View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Robert

The horseshoe crabs are picked up on the shores during spawning, and also by draggers in the deeper waters..They increased in price when the bio-medical industry began using their blood of suture dressing..They draw a certain amount of the crab's blood, and return the crabs to the sea alive..They pay as much as $2.50 or better per crab, whereas before the bio-medical usage, they were only worth .25-.40 cents apiece for bait..Big difference from the days of old to today..In the process of changing bait, I had some traps baited with horseshoe crab, and others with green crab, and I didnt see any difference in production between the two baits..So Im pretty certain that the bait isnt the issue..I think the run ended early this year

Ive been calling the lawyer about every 3 weeks..The probate end of the case ended in June, so the rest was a matter of paper work, which didnt get started untill Sept when I called him and asked him what the story was?..At that point he started filing the proper paper work with Division of Taxation..There is no Inheritance Tax in R.I., but you have to go through the formalities..Here it is December now!