View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up just got off the phone...

With my son. The new girl is staking him out...sitting on his lap etc ALOT.
I had him check her fur and he could not find flea evidence. That is very very strange. She should have some at least.

I asked him to take a damp cloth and stroke her fur to get that dryer sheet smell out. It can't be good for her to groom herself with those chemicals there.

He is taking her to the vet tomorrow after work. She hasn't used the litter box yet that he has seen, but he sees her sniffing around it so she knows what it is. ( I hope she is litter savvy)

His other two cats are NOT happy...but there is no fighting or major aggression.
Some low throated growls as you would expect. She is eating and drinking majorly now too.

He has a friend (the one who wants to move in if they get a new lease for a 3 bedroom), who might take her. But I agree, a rescue place is best..or a vet (we have adopted several from vets). This time of year there are not many kittens, so a pretty well mannered cat like this may get adopted quickly. After all he obtained Amy from a rescue when she was sooooo sick with that drainage hole in her side etc. I am sure something will be done. But it looks and feels like he is going to keep her. Just my Mom's instinct clicking in.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote