Thread: Fanfaire?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

The low pressure systems that dominate the upper tier states in winter are brutal. The barometric pressure drops and it does have an effect on pain. There is even a weather based pain index on TV now and then. I am not sure if it is on the weather channel or not...can't remember.

They do make a 'heated throw' that costs about $30. There are also heated mattress pads. I have one of those and a heating pad. You have to be careful with neuropathy, as you may not feel the heat and people with neuropathy can get burned due to that.

Nothing gets rid of the pain from the weather systems. Living in a place live Colorado front range or New Mexico area, where it is sunny, not too hot, seems like a good place to be. Some PNers don't sweat to heat....I think Florida or hurricane prone area would be bad, as hurricanes are huge low pressure systems. I feel quite good when I visit Colorado, any time of year, but I stay at around 5,000-6000ft. Around 8,000 I get goofy and over 10,000 I am downright unreliable. My first clue of something wrong autonomically was probably when I fainted or something without any advance warning, at 6,000 ft in the Black Hills. One minute I was talking the next I was on the ground. That fast. No warning. One bad thing about Colorado, I never end up staying long enough to get my body fluids balanced....always drinking and voiding! I would love to spend a month out there. I wish I could adapt to altitude for once and see how it really feels.

Think dry but not too dry (if your eyes dry out as mine do, or you itch like I do....it has to not be 'too dry'. Think warm, but not too hot, as your body, if you get AN doesn't sense heat and your sudomoter (sweat gland innervation) could be shot, as is mine.

I likely won't move, as that takes money and huge changes that are not easy to make at this age. We moved 100 miles south recently, back to our 'old' town where my kids were all born and spent most of their school years, and even that move was incredibly hard. The only way I would move would be if one of my kids lived right near me, and they assist me. Otherwise....I am staying put, despite the crummy winter weather.

Summer here is wonderful. We are only a few weeks away from solstice, and the light will start to increase again.

I only wish I was as resilient and adaptable as the young woman in the link I submitted on courage and resilence. Alas, I am 25 years older than she, and can't match her in courage, reslience, enthusiasm....never the less she is an inspiration.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote