View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Afraid of falling

I was falling towards the stairs 6 weeks ago. My neuro told me that I was moving to fast ,bending and rotation my upper body, my feet did not move fast enough, and I tumbled over. Suddenly I had no muscles, no reflexes, falling down on my temple, I got a 5cm cut from the metal of the stair. Then I managed to call my daughter who came and bandaged my bloody face and stayed with me for a while.

My first reaction was that I had a stroke, later I understood that it was this PD. Today I read what John had expired ,falling in his kitchen, it is terrible- like being hit by the lightning -.

What is happening in our head, a blackout ,-what can I do to evade this suddenly lack of balance, will this go on and get worse ? I am starting to be really scared , is it like this to have PD , I need some advice , are there things I should NOT DO.

I was carrying a flowerpot, planing to put it down on the floor, I heard the pot was falling and next the smash of my head,no thinking , no reflexes.
When reading John´s thread I coud not push this under the carpet any longer as if it did not happend to me.
Wath do you think ?

annelise
vertigo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote