View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Micky,
I'm glad the shots are at least half as often. Did she get used to them?
Breast fed babies always have angel breath and even their poop doesn't smell much worse than yogurt, until they eat other foods. That's one strong incentive for new mothers to nurse, if they can!
I don't think it's weird that you like to take wiffs of Katies sweet breath. I'm like that too. But, I even like puppy breath!
I've smelled that gross mothball smell too. It goes hand in hand with the acetone breath. I don't look forward to changing those big boy diapers!
One reason Aidan smells better these days is he's weaned off of all meds now. He is mostly doing better too, but I do live in fear, with Diastat on hand.
We are scheduling a new VEEG and this one will last until every possible seizure type is captured. The neuro and I want to get a total diagnosis.
He then thinks we should try new meds, but I don't. They're all poison for his delicate constitution. I would rather go straight to VNS.
Does anyone consider if Jake could still be helped by shots? Or are they always just a short term treatment during the brain's most rapid growth?
Hope you're feeling better. It sounds more like food poisoning to me.
Heather
Heather b 1954 married to Husband William b 1954 (dx bi-polar), estranged son Casey b 78, daughter Amber b 82 (dx bi-polar), son Alex b 86, adopted daughter Ariana b 4/02 (adhd?), permanent guardianship, son Aidan b 8/03 former 26 week preemie, severe quad cp, seizure disorder, shunted hydrocephalus, g-tube dependant.
Heather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote