View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This is especially timely for me

Today I was enjoying the cool, bright sunlight in my back yard when I ran and tried to jump up onto the terrace from the lawn. The terrace is 6-8 inches higher than the lawn. I drug my right toe on the edge of the terrace and tumbled full length onto the concrete! Fortunately I suffered only a skinned knee, torn jeans, and a skinned elbow, along with a minor loss of dignity in front of the young man I was visiting with at the time.
So much for running and jumping without being very conscious of how high I should jump.
I should mention that I took another skin-peeler on our front driveway several weeks ago while stepping down from our motor home with a load of bedding and pillows that stuck momentarily in the door frame. My center of gravity was definitely too far forward when I gave the little push to get through. I have been fortunate not to land on my head in any tumbles so far.

I know that both of those falls could have been avoided if I had been practicing Zucchini's planning strategy. Is this a case of executive function failure, or just poor balance? It was certainly a failure to "execute"!

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote