View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know how to say this other than to say it, Deb: I really wish that you could see a PM doc who doesn't do injections with a "blind" approach.

I don't want to come across as a broken record, however, so I also wish the best for you, and that's why I mention my concerns.

I hear all kinds of things from people and, even though their intentions and hearts are in the right place, and they truly do sound convincing, I would not go for most of the ideas they've suggested. Magnets won't cure arthritis or reverse my spinal problems, nor will copper or WD-40.

As persuasive as some seem, it all comes down to risk/benefit. The risks of taking a blind approach to doing injections are greater than the possible benefits.

If your doc had used a C-Arm or live-guided X-ray (a.k.a., the F machine), who's to say that your T-spine injection would not have turned out differently and with success. The doc guessed. Obviously, he missed the mark, but... someone was still billed for the "failure."

I've had bilateral, multi-level C-spine, T-spine, L-spine, and S-spine injections and RF'ing (nerve nuking). No failure whatsoever. Then, again, my doc was not "guessing" where to place the needles.

If a doc is not using live-guided x-ray, I wonder what the refund rate is? and what about punctures? Refund? Hmmm.

I hope it turns out well for you; there are valid reasons so many have shared similar as I have: We're concerned for you.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote