View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Travel with PD.

Hello Annelise, yes, you must ask for help when you travel. I hated, hated being put on the plane first, in the beginning, but now I have reconciled myself to being handicapped - and it was not easy - you feel very small the first few trips through an airport sitting in a wheel chair -.
But on the other hand, you get whisked through security, and it really is a big help to be seated first in the plane. Some airports, and some airlines, are nicer about it than others. Denmark and SAS are pretty off hand and not always nice, England and BA are a nightmare, Germany and France and their air lines are wonderful. I have not tried Norway-Portugal, but guess Norway will be like Denmark and Portugal will be more like France.
Do tell the airline AT THE TIME YOU BUY YOUR TICKET, that you need assistance. And don't be too proud to insist if they try to make you manage without it. Have a wonderful, safe trip, and accept all the help you can get.
It is not at all a good feeling to give up 'I can do it'.........but we just can't do it, so be proud that you're still traveling, and don't allow PD to humiliate you.

All the best,

birte

Zucchiniflower - the language in my post is Danish.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote