View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thinking of Trying HBOT

Ali's mum here
Just off the phone with the Manager of a localish HBOT Centre who have experience in treating RSD patients and have seen some quite favourable results - they will be putting us in touch with RSD patients on their books
They are fully licensed to take children as long as I sit in the chamber with Alison and would like to meet us to discuss the treatment further
As the drugs and PT do not seem to be helping Ali at the moment I thought we might give this a try, even though I have heard mixed reports about its sucess
The Centre already have a treatment schedule set up for RSD with depths, durations etc which we will see on thursday and at a cost of £10 per session plus travel it has to be worth a try
They also have their own on-site neuro-physio who would be happy to take a look at Ali's balance problems and see if she can help her to get back on her feet
Has anyone here tried HBOT and what should we expect - I know it is not a cure, but I am hopeful that it will help reduce the swelling, pain etc to a more manageable level
Many Thanks
Andrea