View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

Aloha! I'm so happy that you have arrived home.

Thanks Jose...Once again, you have simplified the dark journey BT1 has taken over the last few months. Thanks. I have no clue what members will do when it does finally come back to life. We will just have to wait and see.

I have, of course, read the jib jab of communication on BT1. Plus I have gone even further and read a bunch on JL and all the things that he does besides BT. BUT...I do have a major problem medically. I have no short term memory. laffs. I don't remember it all to repeat it. I do know that he does have many other priorities besides BT.

One thing I can say for us and our many communities on BT. I say "many" as we our now on our 3rd forum of BT. We had 3 BT1's..., I believe, with JL, and now this one BT2. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been w/ BT for at least 5-6 years...or just a little after it's birth. I started on the Repetitive Strain Injury...and then quickly moved to RSD after my diagnosis 6 months later.

One thing that we did that I'm discovering that was not done on the other communities is that we as a whole became very close friends. We had little close knit circles of friends. We "oldies" as we were knicked named...asked all the newbies, as you entered, to try to pick a trusted member. To exchange e-mail addy's and phone #. Pick a couple members...just in case of emergency.

We wanted to be able to contact our members if you stopped posting for a while and were out of touch. We wanted to be able to contact you or your family members to see if you were ok. We were not nosy...we were genuinely concerned for your well-being. RSD comes hand in hand w/ depression. In my opinion, all RSD'rs should be on anti-depressants.

We also set up a Yahoo group many many years ago. There were a several set up after this. A home away from our BT home. In fact as time went by there were several groups set up. In my opinion, this was such a great idea. There are many personalities here, and subjects here being discussed, personal and otherwise that just are not appropriate to be discussed here on BT. But most of all for the mental safety of our members when there is a crash we will not be left in the cold. We learned very fast after the 1st crash.

Oh how I wish I went to every community of the BT and urged them to set up a Yahoo Group and to swap e-mails. I'm sure many of them had swapped e-mails but nearly not enough. My heart goes out to them now. Just look at the spinal communities...it's empty practically. That community I believe was sometimes in chaos... but was so much busier than RSD. And as Jose said...the many communities that members so depended on BT1.

Our RSD group had issues at times, granted. Let's not forget. And I'm going to take a second to brush on this and not sweep it under the rug. Let's keep our eyes wide open. Artist, you are a great Private Eye! We've talked...and talked about this. But in my opinion, the RSD forum worked like a well oiled machine. We were top of the class and deserve a big A+.

We have come back together as a family...! I care for you all. I embrace you all with open arms. When you hurt, I hurt. We are the only ones in the world that understand our pain. We must continue to fight the dragon!!! Fight for the cure for RSD....CRPS...Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote