View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am not under workers comp but still had to do alot of leg work myself. I was bounced from doc to doc with no help or relief in site. I started calling all cardiovascular thoracic surgeons in the Houston medical center. I knew when I had the right one because after hearing my syptoms and all the docs I had seen the secretary said has anyone told you about TOS......His staff was very familiar with it and got me in within a week to see him. He ordered test to be done within 24 hours and started me on Nuerontin and Vicodin. What a life saver. He was also very reassuring telling me he understood as he sees these symptoms and will work with me to get help. I was told to never sit home and cry but to call and he would add additional meds or change them. I am now sceduled for surgery on the 12th, due to blood clots and am looking forward to getting well. Hang in there and be your biggest advocate....you are the one in pain sometimes others can not relate to that so do not stop until you get some help!!!
Celi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote