View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinJane View Post
First symptoms were in 9/98 after surgery. I was either misplaced or dropped during the surgery. Immediate pain in jaw. I could not eat. I was put in traction and hospitalized for 1 week and then home traction for around 2 months. One doctor said it was Lyme disease. What a joke. The others said it was a herniated disc. I had disc replacement surgery 6/99. Did not help. The doctors thought I just wanted more pain medication when I said I was still in pain. After seeing my neurologist, then Dr. Schwartzmann in Philly, was sent to Dr. Togut for the real diagnosis. Dr. Togut performed the rib resection and scalenectomy in 2000. About 1 year later Iwas pain free. I have suffered a set back since 2006 but would not trade those 6 years for anything. I gave birth to my 4th child, a daughter who is the light of all of ourt lives. I am in pain but it is controlable. I beleive I will always suffer from symptoms but if I can live a fairly "normal" life, that is ok. I am sorry for all of you TOS'rs who can't. It is a horrible syndrome that more needs to be done about. Linda
Linda you are the first person that I have seen talking about eating there are many times I am choking on my own saliva as gross as that may sound to others here I gag to the poit of passing out!!! I am still the new kid on the block to TOS@ 3yrs and it has been a roller coaster the intrathecal pump has leveled me some and sure once they get me up to a theraputic level and I get out to Denver for surgery thing will get better.

First you forget names, then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.
But it's worse when you forget to pull it down.

DDayMBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (04-22-2008)