View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I started out years ago having mild numbness in little finger and diagnosed with ulnar nerve. It flared up on and off but would go away. I had a blood clot in my arm 3 years ago while pregnant and was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden, a blood clotting mutation so they pointed to that and pregnany, was treated then all was well until September this year. I am a teacher and was decorating and hanging posters on my walls.....arms up in the air above my head several days in a row for long periods of time. I started noticing pain in my elbow to hand, numbness, trouble sleeping, driving, blow drying hair,etc.. I went to see an orthopoedic, was sent for EMG then was scheduled for surgery 3 weeks later for the ulnar nerve. A few days later my upper arm starting hurting and was swollen. I went to the ER thinking I had a blood clot since I had been down that road in that arm before. No clot was found and I was sent home in pain, and no answers. I called the orthopoedic doc and he had me come in. Upon examining me he said I had a decreased pulse in my R wrist so he was cancelling the surgery and sent me to the local cardiovascular doc. He said tos but did not treat so I was sent to a crdiovascular thoracic surgeon. He immediately did an angiogram and found that a clot had traveled from the subclavian artery and occluded my radial artery. I no longer have a pulse in my r arm and have seen a hematologist, put on blood thinners and now scheduled for surgery to stop compression and further clots and make sure subclavian artery is not damaged. This is kinda the short version as my husband would say!!
Celi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote