In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart

Francis Damaris BurnettBOULDER, Colo.

Francis Damaris Burnett April 25, 1925- November 28, 2007

Dear Ones,

Family, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances, it is with joy that I write to let you know that I have overcome the disease ALS, known as Lou Gehrig's Disease and the challenges of life on earth; and passed into life eternal with my heavenly Father.

Reflecting on this journey is a reminder of how much has happened in my life of over 82 years. I was born on a dry land wheat farm near Mullinville, Kansas in 1925 to Zula and Bert McFadden. My brothers Kenneth, Wilber and sister Mildred survive. My husband of over 62 years, Duane, was born on a neighboring farm. We attended grade school together and grew up friends. I attended Kansas State University where I studied accounting. Duane and I were married in 1945 while he was in the Army Air Forces. After the war, we moved to Boulder with our infant daughter Tena Suzanne, now Mrs. Fred Engelman Jr. I made a home for our growing family while Duane studied architectural engineering at the University of Colorado. Before he graduated in 1951 we had two sons, Larry Dee and Brian Paul, both are life-long residents of Boulder. Our family has worked at building construction and land development in our growing community. I was employed at the CU College of Engineering for over twenty years, eventually becoming the administrative assistant to Dean Max Peters of the College of Engineering. I have been blessed with five grandchildren, four of whom, Roger Burnett, Alex Burnett, Scott Engelman, and Rick Engelman, have earned degrees from the University of Colorado. My beloved granddaughter, Betsy Burnett, is presently a student at CU.

In the 1950s I was among the charter members of Mountain View United Methodist Church, which has been my church home ever since. There I have enjoyed the fellowship of many friends in the body of Christ and I am again with those who have gone before. Remember me as one who valued personal integrity, high standards, and hard work towards noble goals through gentle perseverance and steadfast love.

Please join my family in celebrating my life at a funeral service on Saturday December 8, 2007 at the Mullinville United Methodist Church at 10:00am, followed by interment and dinner.

In lieu of flowers, my family requests donations for The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter, 1201 East Colfax Ave., Ste. 202, Denver, CO 80218 or a charity of the giver's choice.

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote