View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for all of the positive responses - I will let you all know how we get on tomorrow
The reason HBOT seems so cheap over here is that the chambers are run by a non profit making MS charity who receive grants and donations to fund the majority of their upkeep so can pass on such incredible cost reduction to their clients who basically pay only for the oxygen tanks used.
As such they do not have on-site nurses or seperate adult and child facilities, hence needing to have a responsible adult to accompany her into the chamber.
My mum had progressive MS (she died six years ago from complications) but in the early stanges HBOT helped with several of the complications of the illness and also gave the the oppurtunity to talk about her fears and anxieties with people who fully understood her condition
I am hoping the same will be true for Alison and that being with people who don't stare at her foot or look at the way in which she strugges to try and walk with pity will be, in itself, a positive experience
To me any reduction in pain, swelling etc would be a bonus - the main aim is for Alison to recover the belief that having a neurological illness doesn't have to be the end of the world and that there are ways in which she can regain control of her life