Thread: Fanfaire?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My dust was orange, and supposed to turn purple. Not turning purple means I either do not sense heat, or I sense it and the connections are not there to make me sweat. That makes me prone to overheating, potentially deadly, which is nice to know as I was into endurance athletics. I never could see the thrill in sunbathing....I just could never do it.

Not turning purple is generally ominous. It is 'global anhidrosis'. It means there is some very significant damage, somewhere, due to something. It is likely the small fiber neuropathy as my biopsy is positive for that, but it could also be a ganglionopathy....what is causing either of those is a mystery and under investigation.

Ironically, if I do move around and not lie still, I will sweat some, I have seen it on my clothing....but I was supposed to sweat.

Interstingly, all my ancestry is northern European, and one quarter of it is from central and northern Sweden, extremely pure, homogeneous, can't get more Swedish, unless it came down from all sides, which fortunately for me it doesn't. I am Swedish enough to count, as the genes we are looking at are dominant, in general.

When I say north, I am talking less than 4 hours daylight maximum at this time of year (some get about 2 hours). It is dusky like. In summer the sun never really sets, it just gets twilighty. It is gone but still light. If you are from way up north, you know the 'gloam'. They also have a high incidence of several genetic diseases up there, and one, interestingly involves a polymorphism involving drug intolerance. I have no solid evidence yet, and it is cutting edge molecular biology and genetic research at this point. They thought they had it all figured out a few years ago, but, it got blown away with the genome mapping getting more sophisticated. It is a hot area of research. It has gotten me very interested in medical genealogy.

My physician advised me to look into this a while ago, but I figured it would not be this helpful. It was.

That is part of my story. Just a part.

And, my lord, the last thing I wanted any one to do was take pics of me in a paper bikini. They do that so they can feed it into a computer and microanalyze for any purple. There was a titch between my toes...that is it.

I had one pic in a swim suit in the last 5 years and it was that long ago....when I still competed, and, it was a competition swimsuit, which, thankfully is like wearing a compression stocking. They are a bear to get into though. Kind of like putting toothpaste into the tube!!
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote