Thread: Fanfaire?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

It could mean I am a Neanderthal! Perhaps a Sasquatch---no wait---lost too much hair and never had that much anway. Hey, I'm an elf, or troll, depending on the season!

You know, I would think that the genetics of northern climes would dictate the human to have a ton of hair....instead, Saami, Inuit, and other circumpolar people, tend not to be that hairy. Eye color can't be tied to the sun either, as the indigenous of Scandinavia have blue, green and brown eyes. The Inuits I believe all have brown eyes. If my folks immigrated to that area it was very early, likey before the year 1000, as I have records dating into the 1400's and I believe one church has some into the 1300's but I have to go there to get those...it is in Sidensjo, Vasternorrland. Some branches may be 'indigenous'. I can't really find out, as to do that you need maternal mitochondrial DNA....this is my dad's side, his mother's side. I have only one living female descendant in my family who carries her mitochondrial DNA, except for some in, where else, Minnesota....I would have to locate the female offspring of the female offspring of my grandmother's sisters, which is doable.

It is not as cold up there as you would think....no worse than our midwest as the Atlantic Conveyer Belt in the Ocean, keeps Europe warmer even tho it is farther north.

There are a lot of hereditary diseases, not just the hereditary neuropathies, that have adult onset, past 40's, and have peripheral neuropathy as a component, so we are exploring that possibility. There are far more possibilities than people would expect, many autosomal dominant.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote