View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am glad to hear that FIL is ok - I hope OK enuff to kick his little bee-hind so he doesn't pull that kind of stuff on you again. It's not just men that do that ...

A few years ago PODH's (did that just for you RW!) mom was here for a visit and had been experiencing chest pains. Did she tell anyone? Nope. Not even her husband. Evidently, as we learned later, this had been going on for about a month.

She had made an appointment with a new doctor whom she was going to see upon her return home the following week. But, during the week she was here visiting, we had been walking every morning (at that time my usual 5 miles), and going going going all day long. She never said a word about anything.

Upon her return home, she met with the new doc. He immediately admitted her to the cardiac intensive care unit and they did a quadruple heart bypass surgery on her the next morning. Doc says it was a miracle she was still alive. All her arteries were more than 85% blocked and one of them was completely blocked! Chest pains! The woman was nuts! PODH flew over there. He found out strictly by accident that she was in the hospital because a neighbor saw them at the hospital and called his brother.

PODH cancelled his trip and flew over there and surprised the heck out his parents. His mom was fit to be tied that we had found out she was in the hospital. Some people...I swear!

So, I hope you FIL recovers completely and that YOU, Miss Taffinatious (love that word!) get some rest and recover from all the weather that is happening to you over there!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote