View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Re: seizures

Hi, I have both partial and complex partial seizures. Most time with the complex-partials I get a warning in the way of an odd smell, strange feelings, seeing colored spots. Then I have a period of like being stuck on the wrong side of a mirror unable to interact with anyone around me, then amnesia, then as I come out of it I am very confused and tired.
With the partial's I just get funny feelings or numbness in my face, or a funny smell like a dead mouse, rotten eggs, or smoke, or burning rubber. Other times my sense of taste is altered and I taste metal where there is none. Or I see things that are not really there, unable to speak or hear. Seizures can bring on a wide range of symtoms. I have one about once a week. Just because you are still having a few seizures does not mean your meds are not working. Sometimes, yes, more meds can stop them, but also too much medication can cause worse problems. I would say talk it over with your doctor. Medication does not stop all seizures but it can make life more bearable.
2oxbowgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote