Thread: Provigil
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The good, bad and the ugly of Provigil

I have a theory.....

I took Provigil four days in a row. Day 1 and 2, I was on TOP of the world and went crazy doing stuff. Day 3, I worked from home, so just did my normal stuff- worked and not much of anything else.

Yesterday (day 4) I was in the office. I was SO tired, I felt like a zombie and I couldn't think to save my life (ok, that's an exaggeration). Today I didn't take the Provigil (worked from home today). I didn't set my alarm and didn't wake up until 8:30 a.m. (I usually start at 7am on my at home days and leave the house at 5:30 a.m. on my in the office days). I was up for two hours and then had to go lay down. I slept until 3:30. SOLID sleep.

I was exhausted. Thankfully I have the ability to work whatever hours I want when I work from home- so I'm busy catching up for the hours I was asleep. Even with all that extra sleep- I think I'll be going to bed early tonight and sleeping well. I'm still very tired.

So, here's my caution and lesson. Just because you feel better (artificially), don't overdo it. I'm 47- you'd think I'd know that by now. I guess I'm a slow learner.

I think I'll be more selective on how often I take it- maybe just the days I go into the office. AND I'll try to not overdo it, as is my natural tendency.

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote