View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisibleGirl View Post
I had lunch with one of my previous managers today, and she was honest with me that I've changed. She started to cry and said, "Lori- do you realize how much slower you are?" She told me that I act like I'm thinking in slow motion and even my facial expressions are different. She told me I looked like a ghost. She hasn't seen me since before I bonked my head- so only knows the old me. She's a very good friend and I know she was just worried, but man- I didn't realize I was THAT bad.
This story grabbed me a little bit. My friends were never so direct with me after I hit my head... they'd say ambiguous things like "you seem to have lost that snap, that spark..." or "you feeling alright? You don't look too good", but they'd never just lose it like that with me.

Your injury is fairly recent, things will come back... it just takes time. Odd coming from me in light of my recent comments, but even with my frustration being where it is right now, it still takes no effort at all for me to realize that I'm in a much clearer place now than I was a year ago, let alone 4 years ago. Next time you see her, you should flip out about how bad her hair looks. Call it proactive karma.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote