View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Mad confused and bummed about not getting life insurance because of Bipolar

Hi,

I met with the people visiting my workplace to buy whole life insurance and got turned down because I am bipolar. After an hour of bs crap, the sales dude very politely said that I was uninsurable.

Then he sent me to a different table to buy term life through the group plan at work. This plan is good as long as I work at the same place. I was able to buy some there because they asked minimal medical questions being a work group plan and all.

-->>I acted like a nut for the whole hour I was with the first guy. I was having to run around all day and was hyper-ish and agitated because I had no sleep and the day was crazy busy.
Also my watch stopped working and I was very confused about the time. Then I kept yanking my glasses off and on because I couldn't see (they are new-ish glasses) . . . I was even getting the glasses caught in my hair and just pulling my hair out. . . . It could have been an I Love Lucy skit with the darned classes and watch not working for me.

And you can imagine that most of the time I had no idea what he was talking about. He had to fill out a form for me. I could barely remember my own address.

It was awful. I wonder if I am the first bipolar person he knows that he met and I wonder if he thinks that is how we act.

Never mind that I am bummed about not being able to get insurance in case I pass and hubby needs to pay bills. I sort of knew this about bipolar, but I sort of forgot and was hoping for some dumb reason.

M.