View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Be careful with Lyrica! I was seeing a Dr who just handed me the meds and said "take these". I got no explanation of this medication or any discussion of the side effects. He didn't ask any questions or anything. I asked what kind of medication it was and all I got was "it's a nerve medication so it will help". Well I started taking it and I did feel a bit better. It helped with the pain but mant he side effects SUCK! I got super dizzy (and I was already having dizziness issues that hadn't been diagnosed yet). Also, with being in less pain I started doing more and that was a MISTAKE! I then needed to have surgery (laparoscopy) and needed to go off it they said). Well, once I started going off of it ...oh my the pain was BAD! I was in more pain that I was before the meds! It masks the paiin so then you do more and can injur yourself! You have to be careful! Also, ask lots of questions. The Dr's don't seem to tell you much. I had to learn about it by way of the net. Amazing. Now I have a circle of Docs who are trying to find a med that will work before I have surgery so I will have it afterwards. I can't take the lyrica even though I was told it's a good med for TOS if taken the right way. The problem with me is,..I have vertgo and innear ear nerve damage thanks to this TOS.

Just my 2 cents...hope all is well

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote