Thread: Fanfaire?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Fanfaire?

Please hang on? Get as much done as best it can be done...to as much as you can stand. You know well, how important this is in the long run. I truly admire your strength and steel-magnolia like will to get thru all this. Just imagine tho...all the things that can be 'checked off the list' as NOTs and AREs! Sometimes it's a small comfort compared to how you really feel, but at the same time, you have top-notch proof it 'ain't in yer head!'
As for the MRI w/contrast? My own esitmations and feelings about that test are: STIFF afterwards! Because the rooms are COLD and you can't even wiggle a toe. As for the Heart Scope test-thing? I'd had it 'out-patient' near home, and while they put you out for it, there are no real side effects [usually] other than a teeny bit of sore throat. THAT mite be a bigger issue for you, so...ASK about prep and follow-up preventative measures-tho...don't allow yourself to become more vulnerable than you are.
I understand that it mite be good to 'wait' for the spinal to be done at home...just so long as you KNOW the samples are gonna go to Mayo tho, for evaluations...best to be consistent here? My own spinal stuff went to Mayo and Athena and both results came up the same....Best to have that 'double back-up' at times-ya know? I know that I'd gotten the start here where I live at a big-city hospital...but 80% of the tests were 'farmed out' So's I could do one on Monday, Tuesday and Friday...and variations the following week...but the ordering doc got all the reports and if any result were 'off' I'd have been retested.
The sweat test thing, what a STRANGE thing! I am soo glad I missed that! AND the tilt-table thing. I'm posting under a separate thread web-sites that tell one more than they ever wanted to know!
I am glad that you and your husband/friend [you know what I mean!] got out last nite. A good break from being 'under the scope'! Keep strong, get as much possible done, then....GET HOME SAFELY! We all care about all of that.
Hugs, Heart and HOPE! Thanks for letting us all know what has been going on. After all, it could be 'our' turns next? The more we know, the better we can get thru it all, learning from you.
Hummm? I do NOT think I'd do well on the 'tilt-test'? I guess it's cause I'm all ready off-center? Hugs again! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote