View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kim,

Can you go back to the cervical pillow at all? I have a cervical pillow and also a memory foam pillow...they are both good ones. From what I understand you don't want to prop yourself up too high. Anyway, I couldn't use my cervical pillow right after this particular surgery even though I have been using it all along prior to surgery. But just about a night or two ago I was able to use it again. The memory foam pillow was just too high and made me hurt worse. I think the key is is to get it tucked up right where it should be at the base of your skull and more or less get centered on it. I also bought a new mattress about a year ago and yep, it was costly. But my back was giving me such fits I went with a pillow top and memory foam mattress. Anyway, when I kind of sink into the mattress...not too far though..then my lumbar gets a rest along with my hips. Then the cervical pillow seems to mold right where I want it. And, again, I think I read somewhere you want your whole spine in alignment so propping up too high would probably make you hurt worse. I just don't really know what else to tell you because I know how hard it is to get situated. Try the cervical pillow again if can and hang in there! Kathi
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote