View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi...
I do not have Post Concussion Syndrom or a Traumatic Brain injury, but I have other neuro conditions and multiple neuro meds (and non neuro meds) that leave me with lots of fatigue and needing sleep often and sometimes not feeling up to doing things....

I understand what you are going through with your spouse-- so I can really empathize. My husband is gone anywhere from 1 week to 9 months at time, and on a very frequent basis. Up until recently just like with your spouse, he just didn't seem to really "get it" per say. I'd done most med changes on my own, dealt with countless seizures, pain issues, and then the regular life stuff, along with not only taking care of my stuff, but taking care of his responsibilties too, when he was gone. So, so often he did not really see what I went through on a regular basis, how things effected me, when, where and all that jazz. It did not mean he didn't care-- he cares very much and does the best he can with things, and our love is really strong; however, what I have come to realize is that he simply didn't understand. He wasnt home long enough to go through those things; and when he was home, he took over his responsibilties, so naturally things were different. And that was OK with me. As long as he just accepted what was happening and understood I was doing the best I could and life was still happening (ei paying bills, going to school./work, etc) inspite of all going on, we were OK.

It has only been very recently that he has started to truly "get it". I am not even sure what changed or happend to spark it and the change. Perhaps it is the fact that we have decided to start the process of preparing and trying to have a baby. Perhaps it was when he started asking me about various meds. Perhaps it was when he saw me go through a med change, go into status seizures, etc ect. But, it is happening-- slowely.

Understanding is an ongoing process. I guess there really is no specific point to this post-- but I wanted you to know I can empathize with you. Don't give up-- keep pushing on , and hopefully in time, he will come to understand better....

L 2 L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote