View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My 2 cents here on Methyl B12.

I don't know if any of you recall back in August 2004 I'd posted my pleas' for help on the PN board....was before the big BT crash.
Rose helped me understand that I may be B12 deficient, but all the Neuro's and other specilist I'd been seen by told me I was in fact normal ranges for all my vits and mins....sadly 232 b12 level was/is considered normal....and was never given an MM HS levels done for true B12 levels.
How could someone on some web site here know more than a medical doctor!
Well....by experience AND reading!...one can learn just as a doctor does/can!
But I was dying or seriously considering "ending it all" as I was suffering and I mean suffering!
My prayer to God each nite "Heal me or kill me!"...just get it over with God! I truely wanted to die, but how does one do that when don't have the energy to jump off a bridge! Beisdes, the water here in Oregon is freezing cold and muddy looking...so forget that!
But seriously...I had died several times from a ruptured aneurism that kept leaking in my intestines...
actually is called an AVM= Arteriovenous Malformation. You're born with them, usually the brain...mine was intestinal.
I also had Crohns disease...or so was told...
Thats gone as well, thanks to going Gluten Free back in April...my gut pains are gone, no more diarreah and pain! I'm cured!...
THANKS to the many GF'r pro's here on these forums.
Back to my B12....I'd suffered severe anemia...hem 5.1 hgb and 15% hematacrit (oxygene level) I was half dead,
went around like this nearly 3 years, getting transfusions every 2 weeks.
That nightmare didn't kill me, but the B12 nearly finished the job.

I never do anything half way...so guess is reason I'm still alive.
I'd gotten the revolutionary pill camera, got stuck and batteries died before leaving my stomach.
It got stuck where my small instense were so diseased, at the Terminal Illeum...
they removed nearly 3 feet, then searched remainder of intestines.
Thats when they found the baseball sized AVM further up my intesines removed 6 inches there....

So NOW I'm missing several feet of small intestines and some of what was left was very diseased, unable to absorb even water!...
yes it was THAT bad!...and well DUH!..
The ONLY place your body absorbs B12 is in small intestines OR under your tongue!
Is because B12 molecules are large, once inside your body, need to bind to something in order to convert,
if low or lacking that...forget it!
Is useless...just like the little B12 dots I'd taken...didn't work, usless!

Why all the doctors who saw me failed to give me standard protocol,
B12 injections to one who'd had bowel surgery and OR intestinal diseases such as Crohns or C-sprue....is MAJOR DUH!
...they'd only reached their level of incompetantcy, then refered elswhere! Well, duh! Duh DUH!
Was like a sick joke...the entire saga is maddening and I'd like to sue if I could!

Its as stupid as one ER doc refused to do basic lab work on me,
sent me home saying was a panic attack when fact was I was missing 2/3 of my blood, was NOT a panic attack,
was severe anemia from bleeding to death!...that doc received a well deserved black mark against her record!

Once AVM was removed, was the end of my anemia!
But...I continued my downhill crash...like a jet liner at full throttle, some times nose up, sometimes down.

I drank an green energy drink someone got me into...MLM ploy....but did the trick asi its loaded with Hawaiin Spirilina....
a source of B12 (not good!)

I had Neuropathy from head to toe, muscle twitching, weakness, burning, total loss of balance, burning lips....
But not a single Neuro picked up on the clues...I mean DUH!...
She drinks this stuff= enough energy to flush the toilet! Doesn't drink it...bedridden!
This went on over half year.
My husband hired in home health care services to help me personal grooming as I was too fatigued to change my own underware..
I am dead serious when I say this...I couldn't even flush the toilet let alone wipe my own butt!
I couldn't even chew or swallow either I was that fatigued!
My spinal cord hurt like electric flash down my spine when put my chin to chest.

I was so mentally out of it...but if I drank that green stuff, I'd have a few hours of sanity..
.enough to google search from my bed with a laptop, to find the cause of PN,
Right away Rose advised me to take Methyl B12...within weeks I was out of bed....

This was Sept 3, 2004 when took my first B12 sublingual tab.
In Oct 25 I think, same year...they repeated my EMG an NC test...now was back to normal...was moderate level of PN back in June!

I did not have a single injection of anything! except all those blood transfusions over those years of anemia....
All my healing and B12 help had been soley via Methyl B12 sublingual tabs by Jarrow brand.

I was told I should try the cyno injections as the doctors telling me this is best...hmmm!
But if so...then why on earth did I "enjoy" such a near miraculous turn around in my health just by taking the sublingual tabs?

From what I've learned so far...the Methyl suglingual is far superior to the Cyano injections....
there are many, but for this one reason alone...storage!
Why take a weekly or monthly injection, when can have a daily source of B12. You only need 3mg a day anyway!
And if you don't store, which is obvios, afterall, why did you become deficient in the first place!
One egg or glass of milk alone has enough B12 for half year IF your body stores it!

I've met lots of older ladies...they all tell me they can't wait to go in for their B12 shots...so can have some energy.
Thats when I tell them about the Methyl sublingual form, teach them what I know and get off the shots!...
no good reason to have the low's in-between shots!

I've read what the Mayo and Harvard trained Neurologist are saying about the Methyl B12...
if my doctors argue these facts...I just simply ask...
"Do you want to argue with Mayo trained Neuro PLUS proven facts in my EMG and NC test alone is all proof I need to know the Methyl has been a lifeline to me and Rose has beeb a godsend to many!
I wouldn't be writting any of this here had I not found BT and Rose hadn't answered my cries for help...I'd be taking a well needed dirt nap the bottom side of the soil! Those are the facts!

If one wants to get a shot of Cyna...they should continue their practice...but if they really want to heal...
then start taking the Methyl B12 every day!...early on, twice a day in the begining...
and yes...the repairs your body is making from the damages done while being deficient is often weird and scarey...
all the more reasons to take it...and NEVER STOP!
It only last a short period of time before the repairs are made if possible.

Never let this stop you or else you may never know what irreversable damages your body may experience...needlessly!
My EMG and NC test are proof alone that the Methyl B12 works very well! And in such a short time too.
I was amazed how quickly I got my energy back...10 days! Soley on Methyl B12,
think was taking the 5K mcg day, but not sure.
Wish those lost post would miraculously show up one day!
Blessings to all, Cheryl

PS....I'm still missing my moons in my index finger...
I do think there's something to this...but one can still have full moons in all their fingers and still be deficient...
there's a difference between tissue and serum levels in many vits and mins....
so isn't a good "gold standard" but I'd seriously think about taking the B12 if my moons were missing for sure! Can't hurt!
I think for this reason alone one shouldn't feel confident that all is well if their moons are full and in place!

PSS...Do I look sick here?! No way...full of life and back to living once again.
I was able to take a watercolor painting class...so I did this painting for my pain doctor...he put it in the waiting room for all to see...is called "Finding beauty amongst the Ruins"...is what he does!
No well behaved woman ever made history!
I am forced to take one day at a time....God won't let me fast foward through the bad times
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote