View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Risible GIRL

To Lori, Yes I understand how you feel, and many of us here feel the same way.

Having to pretend that your someone your not is frustating and an insult to ones personal integrity.

I think this is one of the blocks in the healing process as we have to pretend to be someone we are not in order to function in our society and community.

It's hard to let go and be the person you truly are in the stage of the illness, because people do not understand nor do they accept the personality changes that accrue when your mind is not functioning correctly. A defiant blow to ones ego and confidence.

It is basely a spite personality. The person we were before the trauma and the person we become after the trauma.

I think finding a safe place to talk about these change in personality issue is part of the healing process.

I also think that creating these post of what one is experiencing, the personality change issues with TBI/PCS will have a positive effect for those who are new to this type of injury.

Almost everyone here who posts on a regurlar bases is dealing with the same issue. I have to pretend to be something I am not in order to be accepted in our sociality., so we are living a lie and the lie creates a negative effect on our personality.

The connection / bond is I think like that / I feel like that / and I do the same type of things. Think,feel and behavior. Once these common behaviors are identified then we can start working to find a solution to these problem.

Acceptance is one of the keys and a very important one in the recoverer process. I have to accept the fact that I am disabled and can no longer do the things I did before a I was injured.

I have to accept the fact that I will be set up for failure in the work force.
I have to accept the fact that I can no longer pick up 150 lbs and put it in the back of my truck. I don't like it but I accept it.

I have the opportunity to create a new brain.
I have the opportunity to create and re build my brain
I have the opportunity to shair what happened to me because of the trauma and my healing process, overcoming the trauma will help someone else go though the healing process faster.

The information coming out of this forum will help other recover from the symptoms of TBI/PCS and the emotional issues related to this dis-ease.
The disease here is not being at ease.

I love being on the cutting edge, and this is a world of the unknown.

I know from my own experience in life that if I truly want something good for myself I must help someone else achieve that same good.

In this case the good is re creating a healthy functional brain, and in doing so a healthy quality of life.

How can I help others recover from this dis-ease?

By honestly sharing my experience so that other don't have to be afraid of sharing whats going on inside them.

In my opinion the medical profession does not what to deal with TBI
PCS because it is in a realm of the unknown.

Something to think about.

Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote