View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I find the first doses in the morning seem to be the most important--probably because the mornings are the most difficult part of the day for me. I do one at 7:30 and the next at 10:30. I let the timing of the later doses depend on how that day has been, but I usually take my third dose around 4:00 PM. Then I take my last dose at 9:00 PM to keep me from stiffening up too much during the night. I also have tremors and myoclonus during my sleep that the last dose helps.

I try to pay attention to what my body is telling me. I have several leading indicators that tell me it's time to increase the dopamine in my system. For a while I was skipping the afternoon dose if I felt OK, but my doctor told me that was a bad idea--too much time between doses, he said--and that I should take it anyway. So now I do.

I started bupropion in early November. It's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. This seemed to help even out the ups and downs caused by dosage intervals.

I stick to the same schedule every day, be it work day or weekend. (Well, maybe I do get a bit off schedule on weekends, but I try to be consistent.) I agree with the others that you should take your meds on schedule every day.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote