Thread: DSL conflicts
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy so around 6pm

we were feeling confident. My husband logged on, and poof...down this went!

My son thinks--get a new network card?

I am thinking of getting a new harddrive-- he found one for $70 for 250gig.
He thinks mine is loud and slow. And Bob over at PN says Dell harddrives tend
to fail --are defective. So I might get a new one and my son will transfer
my old to it. He is giving us 512 RAM for Xmas with installation. That will bring me up to a gig.

So tomorrow my husband WON'T log on. And we wait for the morning down and afternoon down. See what happens.

I am also thinking of getting a Trojan Hunter.
Could I have a hidden trojan, missed by Avast and our Spybot?
We are sort of puzzled why these crashes occur at specific times only, and irregardless of activity. It can be just sitting here, or I could be viewing tons on Ebay...both extremes. I still think the DSL may be data farming at those times. I was assured no work was being done, when I gave my zip to the techie.

Monday we will try... booting him up first, then me. See if that works. But as it stands only he or I can be online at a time.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote