View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I make my crust first with 1 stick softened butter, 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup golden flax meal, Blend of 1 cup xilitol/splenda ....mix well and press into your cheesecake pan, set aside
Then I blend 5 bricks full fat cream cheese (softened) with 3/4 cup xilitol and 1/2 cup of splenda ( I use contentrate) and a tsp vanilla, 5 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup sour cream....blend well and pour into pan on unbaked crust and place in a water bath ( another pan with water coming halfway up cheesecake pan) and place into oven preheated to 300 for exactly 70 minutes, then turn oven off leaving cheesecake in oven until oven cools, then chill in fridge a few hours and eat
I sometimes slice fresh strawberries sweentened with same sugar alcohol mix to taste and thicken with thick n thin not starch and set aside for those who want topping
Enjoy!
My family that does not eat low carb love this!
I am not sure of all the nutritional info but know it is no more then 5 carbs for a good sized slice, serves 12!
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote