View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I bet that

we will not find out the whole 'processing' procedures at that plant until we are far more older and 'grayer'! That plant will probably close down and be demolished before an appropriate investigation is done. That's the way it is in this world. It really could be something else entirely, it depends on what CDC preliminary investigations reveal about plant safety, hygiene and where/how all the affected folks lived. Could be other 'common' factors and the plant is just a 'co-incidence'. I would be tho, whatever the results? We won't know about them until some nasty law suit about 5-10 years from now in some kind of Erin Brockovich way.
More important is clear analytic diagnosis and environmental assesments, for those affected. IF they truly have CIDP, We know their employer is NOT gonna cover IVIG treatments, no way no how, not for that number of folks! Then they are left disabled and to fend for themselves. Right now, IG is only covered adequately under medicare/medicaid disabilities with one heck of a hefty copay each infusion[that only pays for inherited conditions, not acquired]...often at a fee more than my own insurance pays for each treatment. There are lots of strange things going on in this world and the ripple effects for those families are going to be horrid. Many of us know the repercussions of the CIDP neuropathies on our lives...Essentially turned inside out and upside down? I, for one, wish I knew how to help and support them, while not financially at least information-wise.
Good thoughts to all otherwise? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote