View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all your replies! I am trying to fight but I'm losing steam. I am a VERY STRONG WILLED PERSON and I have a high pain tolerance but..this is NUTS! It's eating at me and I can't shake it. I really can't take the pain anymore. I really don't want to have the surgery ...honestly...I'm scared...I can't believe that's me saying that. I have been researching TOS and the surgery extensively.

I am going to see the surgeon Friday who will discuss everything with me and order the preop testing. Anyone have any idea what this will be? I have no idea what to expect! What kind of tests need to be done? I know the PT wants an MRI of my thoracic spine. I'm also not sure if the surgeon will be going under the arm or the neck or both. Anyone know how that goes?

I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand. I thought I was prepared to hear "surgery". When the PT told me that was my only option...I cried. I can't believe it!

Johanna...you have an excellent memory! I wish I did..lol. I can't remember anything even when I write it down. Ever since those injections I had (which didn't work and caused drug induced lupus from an allergic reaction), I haven't been able to take any meds such as advil or even prescription stuff. I am allergic to everything which makes things difficult. I was given Lyrica to try but I couldn't even stand up due to real bad dizzy spells. I have inner ear nerve damage (from the TOS) which has caused me to have vertigo so Lyrica won't work. So now they are going to try different nerve meds to see what I can handle prior to the surgery because I will no doubt need them after the surgery. I really need something now though...I don'tknow how much more I can take. The pain is overwhelming and is interfering with my life. I can't sleep, can't shop, can't do the things I want to do. Christmas this year ...well..I'm just not in the mood and it hurts.

I just hope this surgery has a good outcome. Thanks again for all your kind words and thoughts.

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote