View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You

all...Lee, Tena Louise, trfan, Paula, reverett...for your responses to my thread about Lyme Disease vs. PD. It seems, trfan, that you still question as I do...and your experience with doctors listening but really not hearing what we have to say about all this...they so readily dismiss any thought of any connection between LD and PD...and I still maintain that doctors do not have indisbutable knowledge, especially related to LD. I am still not convinced about Doreen's dx in that one neurologist (an MDS and very prominently known in the field) had such difficulty concluding that Doreen had PD. It was not until she had completed a 2-hour thorough examination that she finally made the PD dx...AND, just recently...her present neurologist...after having examined Doreen stated: "If I didn't know that you had PD, I wouldn't know it." Of course, that was a wonderful thing to hear because he noted no progression...and still only the tremor in both hands...BUT, that just seemed to give me more cause/pause to think about the possibility that, in reality, Doreen just might not have PD...yes...she has a tremor...but could not that be as a result of having a neurological impairment due to something other than PD, e.g., Lime Disease? The Lyme Disease dx and the PD dx still seem so coincidental to me given what I have cited in this entire thread. I really don't believe that I am in denial about the PD dx simply because I'd "rather" she didn't have it...but I certainly feel that I do have reason to question it.

Again...my thanks to all who took the time and made the effort to respond to me...appreciate it so much.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote