View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kes,

One thing you might do is tell the group what area you live in or state and we may have someone in that area that knows of treatments near you.

I would recommend blocks. I think they are one of the best ways to try and put the RSD into remission. Some say it has to be early in the diagnoses but I have found that not to be true. I have seen people around my area with RSD that has done good with blocks after years of RSD.

Another thing is PT. I had good PTers. They should be very aware of RSD and know how to work with you with it. Some thing agressive PT is the answer. When I first started with this around 98, I was so bad bodywise that I could not have done the agressive PT. My Drs. disagreed with it also. I just don't think you should be over exercised to get to the point of getting better.

I also had triggerpoint injections. I think a couple of others here have had them. They have worked good for me. It is a time consuming thing. I had shots for over 4 years every place I needed them but they worked. My Dr. used lidocaine, mericaine, and ketamine. He did one steroid shot and decided not to do anymore of them. Those I was told you could only have 3 of them a year.

As far as meds, I have tried most all of them. Most I could not take anyway. I am on Methadone for the pain and also use lidocaine patches. I do fine with those but it took me years to get to where I could.

I know what the road you have is like. I spent almost 4 years in PT to get me to where I am. I started out with my back, then TOS and Fibro then the RSD.
My RSD is worse right now is my arm, hand, right foot, and pelvic area.

I know there will be others come on here with some good advice that will help you. Hang around.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-20-2009)