View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kes,

I'm Frogga, I'm 22. I developed RSD when I was 16 and it became full body by the time I was 17. I am unable to move at all and have all the traditional horrible symptoms including alloydinia, dystonia, osteoporosis, mega pain, circulation problems etc and am in the beginning stages of ANS failure. So I do know how much it sucks!!

I am currently at University in the UK studying Psychology and loving it. Is there no way you can be in school? I was out of school for about 2 years and didn't go back full time for a further 2 years. I'm still in a wheelchair and need carers to dress me/ feed me/ operate my wheelchair/ transfer me etc but it's so nice to be back in the "real" world - or at least that's how I feel! It sucks so much being on HT!!!

There are many options that you can consider ranging from the ketamine coma to HBOT to alternative medicines, to other medicines to pain management courses. For instance - pain management courses have helped loads of people to gain a better quality of life despite the pain and helps them get more active - in the UK we have a very famous one in Bath which is called the PMU (Pain management unit at RHNRD http://www.bath.ac.uk/pain-management/). There are places in the US which have done ketamine low dose infusions which some people find very helpful and others have had the ketamine coma therapy in either Germany or Mexico. Some people find that blocks help (others don't). There are many more types of medication such as anti depressants, analgesics, anticonvulsants, muscle relaxants etc that can help the pain abit etc. I'm on ketamine, dihydrocodeine, Allegron, Paracetemol, Ibuprofen, domperidone, diazipam, trihexyphenidryl and baclofen.

Not sure this is much help but just wanted to say that I have been through what you are going through and if you ever want to talk I'm here. Ness is around our age as well and will no doubt come in and say hi when she's doing ok.

Love

Frogga xxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote