Thread: Please Help
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Add a dog on meds to the mix!

Kathleen:

I know nothing about lactimal, but can chime in and agree with everyone else....don't be so hard on yourself. I mixed up my daughter's trileptal when we were titrating her up to full dose. Scares the hell out of you, but it is an easy mistake to make.

On top of Helen having all her meds, 5 a day, I have a 10 yo on trileptal also. She takes it 3 times a day, and Helen takes it twice a day, different dosages of course which makes it even more difficult to remember. Then add on top of it the dog got sick and is on two antibiotics, and a steroid. He is on kefflex like Helen, fortunately he takes a pill and not the stupid pink syrup!OMG, I am going insane just trying to remember who gets what and when.

Hugs to you and Becca, I will pray that she will be fine, and the med will still work. We do use a pill box for Helen's depakote and it works great, especially ensuring that my husband and I don't overdose her. It can get crazy when we are all running one way or the other, we can always look at the pill box if one of is not around to make sure she has had her depakote.

Tammy Mom to Helen 5, Jill 10 and Evan 13, and oh yea one big black lab!
hunterjjumper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote