View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Long Time No See...

Hi All,

Thanks to Ella, here I am with the supportive family that helped me so much through my diagnosis and options almost a year ago. I am glad to report that I am doing extremely well. No more pain/twinges and no meds since March 2006 (my MVD was February 2006). I had a wonderful summer off (remember, I'm a Special Education Teacher). My family and I traveled a ton - Disney, Cincinnati, and two trips to Long Island - one trip included visits to to the Hamptons and Mountauk. It's just about a month back at school and it's going very well. It's nice to be teaching with no pain and no recovery from surgery. Unforutnately, I pulled a tendon in the arch of my foot from walking too much on my treadmill (I have also joined Weight Watchers and have lost a little over 40 pounds). I am currently in a walking cast and hope to be back in sneakers (with added othotics) and back on my treadmill soon. Since my surgery I have really put my mind into 2 things; reduce stress, and get this body healthy!! So far, so good (a little bump in the road with my foot has not got me down yet!!!)

I look forward to being part of this wonderful community again.

Kathy
bobkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote