View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Kes, sorry you're dealing with all this and so young! Makes me hurt to see youngins getting it so badly.

You don't have to have swelling and red skin to have RSD. A lot do but I only had swelling in the original leg for the first 5 months then when I learned to walk again it disappeared! I only have some minor swelling in the ankle now but that's it. As for skin discoloration, mine is purply,bluish,pinkish, mottled looking and my skin is very cold to the touch. Red skin usually signals what is called "hot" RSD where the skin feels warm or hot to the touch. It happens to the minority of RSD'ers and "cold" RSD, what I have is the majority of RSD'ers. Usually the discoloration, skin temp change and pain/spreading are RSD things, along with a burning feeling inside as well. I've had RSD full body since 11 months after I got it almost 5 years ago. I didn't have any skin discoloration in my arms at all until in the last 6 months or so. This is one funky thing to deal with and the different ways it presents itself in all of us. A lot of doctors try t say if you don't have x,y and z of ALL the symptoms you don't have it but that's a bunch of bull. You're not alone in dealing with all of this so ask any questions and we'll try to give you answers or at least our own experiences.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote