View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sudden onset of PN pain

I have a question for those of you with big brains who have done so much wonderful research into PN. I have idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. In looking back, I can see that I had some intermittant episodes of burning and pain in my feet for some years before it became full blown, but because they came and went I just thought it was arthritis. Then, one evening I got a crushing migraine and had to go to the Emergency room. While lying there in agony, boom -- my toes went numb and my feet started burning and aching to a very extreme level and this has never abated. Have you ever seen anything in your research about migraines and PN? Actually, what I think has happened is that I was in so much pain that something snapped in my brain and it started processing pain input in a faulty manner. Does any of this make sense? Doctors have ignored the sudden onset nature of my chronic pain, which I feel means that they have no idea what it means so they don't want to think about it. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never find an answer, but I thought that if anyone had any insight it owould be you guys.

Dakota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote