View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone for y'all's input. I was already taking Requip and Wellbutrin when the MDS decided to add Azilect. I had no problems with the Requip and Wellbutrin........quite the contrary. I felt great...........well, as great as one can under the circumstances. The day he told me he wanted to add Azilect, I specifically asked him could I continue with my Wellbutrin and he right aways said "yes, we've not had any problems with that." My script for the Wellbutrin was just about out and so he gave me a new one. When I went to have it filled is when all the trouble started. So for the time being, I have just quit taking the Wellbutrin.

While in Nashville the past couple days, had occasion to speak with a friend who is nearly finished with pharmacy school. Ran this situation by him and after a bit of research, his answer was somewhat the same as yours RLSmi. He said that my 1 mg. dose per day of Azilect probably would not be a problem with the Wellbutrin and also the fact that Azilect is a MAO-B. Isn't this about what you are saying RLSmi?

Poudest Mama, what dosage are you taking of both the Wellbutrin and Azilect. You may be a good example of what my MDS was talkiing aboout. When you have time, please let me know how much of each you are taking. Thank you a bunch. And thank you everyone else for taking time answer my questions. I don't post much but I read everyday. My husband says I am lurking. Whatever, I guess I am just a bit shy and don't want to look stupid. But this meds thing scared me. I finally got the Wellbutrin Rx filled but am going to wait about going back on it until I see my MDS again. I don't want to turn into a punkin or something.

Caya
caya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote