View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Painfree,

That was interesting. I am going to send it to a friend of mine. I had the dreaded cervicogenic with variant migraine pain and/or occipital neuralgia. But it was caused by my C3/C4. A fusion took care of those headaches! But I did want to say that traditional PT did not help me either. After my fusion I had spasms that Kim is sort of referencing here. I did have a PT use some kind of tool on those trigger points and it took awhile to get those knots out. After that I had a massage therapist just do the trapezius and rhomboid muscles about every two weeks for about 2 months. And that pretty much took care of everything until the C5/C6 acted up. I am almost certain, like Kim, that these muscles will get tight again. But at least now I know what to do. Sometimes I wonder if the collars they give us to wear don't add to the problem. At times they work wonders when you are tired and can kind of rest your neck muscles. At other times I think they hold your head too upright and increase tension. But then again, I could be wrong. It is just that when I get a tenseness in my neck while wearing the collar, I will take it off just to stretch...very little. It seems to help. Thanks for the article!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote