View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

If I took 4 fish oil capsules every day, I WOULD NEVER GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM. This stuff does a number on my stomach like you would never believe.

I believe, if we do the best we can, if have a good support system, keep our weight as normalized as possible (and not sit in front of a tv and vegetate), but be like those people who volunteer to do the meals on wheels, or visit older neighbors and say "do you need anything, what can I go and get for you", etc. etc.

I mean if we try to be the best we can be, with whatever hand we are dealt with, and more important, if we can reduce the stress from our existence (which is probably quite impossible), but if we at least try and see the glass as half full instead of half empty, well we are least one point ahead of everybody else.

But if we put crap into our bodies, if we don't move our bodies, if we sit and vegetate and look at the world and say 'bah humbug", well, I think we're doomed before we have begun.

I realize that this can't apply to everybody because many people are dealt hands at birth that we have no control over and we do the best we can, but if we are dealt a healthy body, a healthy immune system, and if we don't do all that we can do to maintain it, and give back to the community, then, well, we end up like my son, (who sits in front of a tv or a computer all day long, and does absolutely nothing with his life). Not only does he see the glass as half empty, he sees every glass as half empty.

People who don't see the good in life, who can't appreciate smelling a beautiful flower, or appreciate a beautiful sunrise, or sunset, who don't appreciate the touch of another person's hand on their face, well, they lose a lot in life. And when they don't feel that they can bring anything to the table, and just take and take, then inevitably, their bodies will go along with it and say "hey, just keep giving me pizza and soda and vegetate".

I truly believe the mind and body play in harmony together. (and methyl b-12 and the other stuff can't hurt).

But we are spiritual beings. We need to reach out and touch someone, to care. I find it amazing that all I have to do is open a newspaper and I can see that many young people today have stopped caring.

I don't understand this. Maybe it's all this technology. I mean, it has it's place, but it can never replace sitting outside on the porch with a nice person and just having a chat. My son will never understand my way of thinking and I'll never understand his.

But then again, my way of thinking and action, got me to lose over 100 lbs, reverse the diabetes in my eyes and make my doctor proud of me.

I have worked hard to get to this place. I should have done it 30 years ago but I was not ready. So I'm working on the brain and the body, trying to make it all in sync.

Right now, I'm learning how to convert video files from avi files to mpg files.

Who would have thought a 60 year old woman would be making videos and uploading to google and youtube??? Not me!!!

There's always someone worse off than we are. I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition and the seriously ill kids on that show make me want to hit myself in the head and go "and I think I have it bad?"

No, we have to get out of our comfort zones and, if we are able I mean, just live our life the best we can. We only get one pass in this world. (We might come back in another form), but for right now, this is what we have.

I aim to make the best of it. And I realize that there are many people who have such pain that they don't want to go on. Alan was in just such a place 5 years ago. But look at him now.

The other day, Alan's IVIG nurse brought her 9 year old with her.

I had an absolute ball with this kid on the computer. I haven't seen the world through a nine year old's eyes in a long time.

We were sitting at his my-space page when he politely asks me "would you help me pimp my skin?" I just looked at him thinking "okay, I'm supposed to know what he's talking about, just play along". I said 'of course I will, why don't you start". Then he puts the mouse to a link which says "pimp your skin".

Want to know what that means??? "It means "change the background of your myspace page". I never would have thought of that. I never laughed so hard.

These kids today are smart as whips. They are our future.

I just hope I live long enough to see what they accomplish in 20 or 30 years.

We'll be flying around in our personal helicopters by then!!!!! lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote